Wednesday, February 20, 2008

SFWA Snafu

Never the US presidential race. Some folks are rather riled up about upcoming SFWA elections.


Look: SFWA is in the hole, people. Not just in a general sense, but to the people who SFWA needs if it wants to survive: New writers. How do we get out of the hole?


An amusing take on the matter can be found here, and here.

I don't know enough about the internal politics of the situation to have an intelligent opinion on the matter, and my unintelligent opinions don't matter. However, I know Charles Coleman Finley (author of The Prodigal Troll) in a distant way from OWW. Which is to say, he made extremely useful, and also rather nice, comments about some of my entries, so he must be a good guy. :P Seriously, he is a man with integrity, so lacking any other info, I would be inclined to trust his opinion.

I'm not a member of SFWA, and I fear that Scalzi is right. This debacle is just another in a series of issues which make me wonder if I would even want to be. That's sad.

No comments: